Author

  • Staff

Share

Church Buona Morte

Street and number Via Guglielmi, Isola Maggiore
City tu
Country ITA

The church was built in 1576 to serve as an oratory for members of the brotherhood of the “Good Death”.

The fellowship’s main purpose was to ensure a proper burial to those who died in poverty, or who had no family members left. The building’s original floor-plan, designed around three altars, was radically altered when the church was sold and turned into a private residence, in the late 1960s.

Map

Nearby...loading

Related resources